Many time it becomes headache if we have some left-over rice from previous meal; specially childrens are not much interested to eat left over rice so it always better to make some innovative recipe out of it. Beef Fried Rice is one of best recipes that can be made from left-over rice. Before we goes into detail of cooking a yummy beef fried rice I would like to remind you that we will require marinade to mix with beef, so we will be making our marinade first –
1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. light soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. dark soy sauce
3/4 tsp. cornstarch
Pinch of white pepper powder
Mix this together to make a good marinade and keep it aside for further use.
- 8 ounces flank steak (cut into thin strips)
- 4 cups cold leftover cooked rice
- 1/4 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps. peanut or vegetable oil (for stir-frying)
- 2 green onions (scallion, spring onion)(finely chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp.garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed or fresh peas)
- Salt to taste
- Add the marinade ingredients to the beef, stir well till it combines. Let stand as it is while preparing other ingredients (at least for 10 to 12 minutes).
- Lightly beat the eggs with the plain salt.
- On high heat, Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a preheated wok. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic. Stir-fry well for a few seconds until aromatic
- Add the onion. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until it starts to golden brown.
- Then add the beef and let brown briefly, then stir-fry until it changes colour.
- Heat 2 to 3 tbsps. oil in the wok. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rice, stirring and turning it over with a spatula to heat through and break up any clumps.
- Add the peas and shredded carrot, stir it well to combine.
- Make a place in one corner of the wok and pour in the beaten egg. Scramble the egg and then combine with the fried rice. Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Now it’s Ready to Serve. Serve hot.
If you want you can add more salt if desired.
You can garnish it with coriander leaves if you wish to add ..